Get Free California Medicare Supplement and Advantage Plan Quotes
Open Enrollment Period: October 15 through December 7
During the Open Enrollment you can change how you receive your health coverage and add, change or drop drug coverage. You can make as many changes as you want. The last change that is made is the one that will take effect. Changes made during the Fall Open Enrollment will take effect January 1 the following year.
What you can do:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period: January 1 – February 14
During the Medicare Advantage Disenrollment Period you can switch from a Medicare private health plan (also known as a Medicare Advantage plan) to Original Medicare. Regardless of whether the Medicare private health plan had drug coverage, you can join a stand-alone prescription drug plan, but you are not required to. Changes made during the MADP go into effect the first day of the following month.
What you can do:
- If you are in a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can leave your plan and switch to Original Medicare.
- If you switch to Original Medicare during this period, you will have until February 14 to also join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to add drug coverage. Your coverage will begin the first day of the month after the plan gets your enrollment form.
Note: During this period, you can’t do the following:
- Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another.
- Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another.
- Join, switch, or drop a Medicare Medical Savings Account Plan.
5-Star Special Enrollment Period
You can join or switch to a 5-star Medicare plan at any time during the year. You can only switch to a 5-star Medicare plan if one is available in your area. You can only use this period to switch to a 5-star Medicare plan one time each year.
Special Elections Period
Outside of the Annual Enrollment Period you may enroll in an Advantage Plan:
- If you are turning 65, you may do this 3 months prior the month of your birthday, the month of your birth and 3 months after your birthday
- If you are on disability, even if you are under 65
- If you are moving to California
- If you are dropped from a group plan you have 63 days to enroll
|Medicare Supplement Plans||Medicare Advantage Plans|
It’s time to give your health insurance coverage some thought! Making the right Medicare plan choice can greatly affect your health care. Some Medicare Advantage Plans even offer $0 premiums. But you should study all the benefits and co-pays to see which option is best for your individual health care needs.
If you’re approaching age 65 you have a 7 month window to enroll in a Medicare Advantage or prescription drug plan. This window consists of the three months before your 65th birthday, the month of your 65th birthday, and the three months after your 65th birthday.
When you turn 65, consider:
- Enrolling in Medicare Part A and Part B
- Shopping for a Medicare Supplemental Insurance Policy to supplement your Medicare health care, or a Medicare Part C managed Advantage plan
- Enrolling in a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan
Beginning Medicare can seem confusing. Don’t worry! We’re here to help you make the right choice.
Compare California Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage Plan quotes
Do you have all the information you need to make an informed decision about your California Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan? If not, please call us at 1-800-266-3618 or email us – we’re happy to help!
Calling the number above will direct you to a licensed agent/broker.
We are independent from any insurance company so we are able to search the whole market to obtain the most suitable cover for your needs at the lowest available cost.
We will not sell or give away your information collected using our form, or use it in any other way than to personally contact you and provide you with more information about the plan you are interested in and a free quote.
Disclosure: This is a solicitation of insurance. By providing this information, you agree that an authorized representative or licensed insurance agent/producer may contact you by phone, e-mail, or mail to answer your questions or provide additional information about Medicare Advantage, Part D or Medicare Supplement Insurance plans.